THE MAVERICK LIFE

TAKE A RIDE INTO THE MIND OF A LATIN MAVERICK WHO ALWAYS GRABS LIFE BY THE HORNS.....

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

REMEMBERING BROKEBACK...

I'm taking a little time to remember a movie that completely moved me beyond words. Brokeback Mountain is a movie that I can somewhat identify with (mainly Ennis' character) in many aspects of my life. Never in my life have I witnessed such pure, uncategorized love before. It portrays the love that two human beings can share with one another, and the many emotions you traject and sustain whenever you've found someone who connects with your soul. Jack and Ennis represent a love that I aspire to ultimately attain, and I recognize that love in it's purest form can be tragic in it's own way. And so I take this opportunity to take a page from the past and remember a film that filled lots of holes in my life, holes that have had some kind of taste of what true love is... and I'm surely thankful.

2 Comments:

Blogger WAT said...

It was a year ago this movie came out and I remember it fondly. I reviewed it on my blog and kept going on about it for three months or so, then I saw it lose the BEST PICTURE award at the Oscars to that shitty CRASH movie and was devastated.

What a terrific film. Heath Ledger and Jakey G. are not only hot to look at, but so good in this movie, so convincing.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS MOVIE. When He flips his wife so he can recall a lost love.
Margie

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home