THE MAVERICK LIFE

TAKE A RIDE INTO THE MIND OF A LATIN MAVERICK WHO ALWAYS GRABS LIFE BY THE HORNS.....

Sunday, March 11, 2007

MY HEART IS SECURED WITH A PADLOCK...

I realize that I'm going through a bit of a calamity at the moment. Unfortunately this happens when someone or something plays at my heartstrings and reminds me that I could actually fall for someone again. Sure, I'd rather be single and available for whatever might come my way, but I guess that can get somewhat old...

Having the tendency to walk away from a good thing is out of character for me as I'm usually the one who can spot the object of my desire from light years away. Circumstances and situations of late have led me into an immeasurable fog, but it's inevitable that I must make up my mind...


I get lambasted and poked at for analyzing occasional situations, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. If I dropped my layers and molded into what people want me to be, well then, I'll be a stodgy simpleton. It's my unhinged, barmy layers that fuels my character... so I'll never bend. I'd rather ask questions first instead of slamming my face into a wall and then getting an answer as I bleed heavily through my mouth. Like me for me no matter how much I question life, and most of all... love.


Being protective of your heart can indirectly hurt the ones trying to get in, but that's where I am at the moment and I'm sorry if I come forth as inaccessible. Handing over my heart to someone is something I don't want to do recklessly, as the mechanisms in my core have been chinked over time and haven't fully recovered yet.


For the person who continues to remain patient and opens their heart and mind to understanding that people deal with love and attraction differently, then my heart shall be theirs afterall.

9 Comments:

Blogger This Boy Here said...

That is SO SAD! I am tear-eyed! Maybe you should read my blog!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Erika Tapalla said...

i feel you, that's the same sitch i'm in, i guess...takes time...i guess.

8:05 AM  
Blogger M- Filer said...

Well put my friend. Good luck. I don't think it is sad at all, just well thought and expressed.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Eddie said...

Thank you M. I'm just saying what I feel... that's all. In one, two, or three years... who know's how I'll feel...

11:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow Eddie, you sound exactly like me.
Im about to embark upon a semi-new relationship, new life and new people. I dont do things like this, but I am ready for this, I mean, I am pretty sure I love this guy. Although I have a tendency not to even trust love or let my guard down. I just do not put with bullshit and thats how it is and always will be.

However, it is like what you said when it is a good thing we should not walk away and give it a chance.
Even though I am scared to completely surrender and love again, I have to try. We HAVE to try...

Much Love,
-M

8:12 PM  
Blogger Eddie said...

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the kind words from the bottom of my hollow-tin-chest. LOL

This boy here:

I read what you wrote. Besos.

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT IS MY TIN HEART DAMMIT!!!!!!
Ting TIng, Sara

11:35 AM  
Blogger molly said...

ooh sounds like someones embarking on an adventure. maybe itll be the greatest thing to ever happen to you or maybe youll have your heart re-broken. but its an adventure! and if you knew in advance, what would be the point in doing it?

xox

1:22 PM  
Blogger RAD said...

I think you need a big hug and kisses...xoxoxoxoxoxox
New adventures are fun...do it!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home