THE MAVERICK LIFE

TAKE A RIDE INTO THE MIND OF A LATIN MAVERICK WHO ALWAYS GRABS LIFE BY THE HORNS.....

Monday, January 08, 2007

GWEN ON MADONNA...

Gwen Stefani has been accused of blatantly ripping off Madonna's look and style by many who see her fashion sense as "borrowed." I personally think that Gwen has similar tastes as Madonna, but I would hardly classify it as imitation. Ms. Stefani has landed the cover of the new February 2007 issue of Elle Magazine and in an interview with the mag, she states that she once had a conversation with her Madgesty herself. Here's a snippit of what went down among these two blonde bombshells:
  • On Madonna: "I remember telling Madonna I was going to do an '80s dance record, and she rolled her eyes... she's was like, 'Whatever.'"
I could only imagine that Madonna thought to herself... "This little bitch thinks that she can put out an 80's dance record... I'm the one who reserves the right to do a dance album properly. I mean... who the hell does she think she is? I'm the QUEEN BITCH here. Lest we forget that I'm the artist who has countless gay fans bumping and grinding to MY music. I'll give her a little taste on how to do it right..."

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm...I dont think its imitaion, I think she has her own style for sure. Madonna probably thought she couldnt pull it off being all punk like she was, who knows?

7:45 PM  
Blogger M- Filer said...

I DO think it is imitation, but who cares. Madonna is the first to admit her "borowing" tendencies. Christina did it too. All 3 of them to good result.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

I love them both anyway. =)

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home