THE MAVERICK LIFE

TAKE A RIDE INTO THE MIND OF A LATIN MAVERICK WHO ALWAYS GRABS LIFE BY THE HORNS.....

Monday, April 06, 2009

REST IN ETERNAL PEACE MY TITI...

I’m at a loss for words. How do I muster up a sentence describing what I feel at the core of my heart? My beautiful Aunt has passed away... but I believe she is looking down at us with great pride and happiness because once again, her family is together.

The Miriam I know and love would not want my family to stray away from what is supposed to be a strong bond held together with love and respect between us all. Life is staggeringly short and we must cherish the moments we have left here on this beautiful earth. Family is everything.

My Godmother and my friend, Aunt Miriam took time out of her life to ask me questions and listen to my answers. She once took me to Newark Airport because she knew I had an obsession with commercial airliners and enjoyed watching planes take off and land. That day was a memorable one. She asked me numerous questions about the planes’ functioning and was lovingly interested in what I had to say. Amazing.

My Aunt Miriam has lived the life of a hurricane, oddly accompanied by a soft breeze. She would hide when she felt somber and kept to herself until it passed. Sullen yet silly, she managed to take tragedy and turn it into quiet comedy. She was a comic in the company of family and lit up the room with love and affection in a household already filled with laughter. Every family suffers hardships, but our family always found time to celebrate amidst the grief and pain. As a child, I witnessed the sisterly bond of love between my mom and my aunts and only now understand how something of that magnitude is formed and molded through times of both happiness and sorrow.

I’m going to live my life to the capacity and purpose for which it was created. I’m going to continue to make my Aunt proud of me.

When I’m old and brittle and it’s my turn to leave this earth, I will meet you up in heaven by the beach near the tree, so we can watch the stars together. I love you forever Aunt Miriam.

7 Comments:

Blogger RG said...

My deepest sympathies for your loss.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Princessa lil mexico said...

Dearest Eddie,

Life is not always fair when the person you love is taking away from you. But you do need to keep all the wonderful times and memories that you have of you aunt not only in your head, but close to your heart. I know that she loves you dearly and is watching you now on. It truly saddens me to know that you have lost a great family memeber. I know how that can be. If you need anything please let me know. or if you want to talk on the phone.

Your friend,

Derek Chavez

2:33 AM  
Blogger WAT said...

Aw. Aunt Miriam was one cool lady I can read. I'm sorry for her passing, but she at least made an impact, and it sounds like you really loved her, so her purpose here was not in vain. As long as we change a life or two or many (like I have as a Latin lover par excellence, LOL), that is what ultimately matters I suppose.

No one has all the answers as to why we are even here, or what the hell the God damned point of it all is, but we're here and so as you have said we gotta make the best of it.

Cheers to you and la familia, y que tu tía en paz descanse...

2:00 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Oh, baby I am so sorry for your loss, I really am. Life really sucks sometimes, and it's impossible to find a way to explain why things happen. You have written a beautiful memory of her, and she sounds like an absolutely incredible person.
You are a wonderful, caring, and sweet man, and it is obvious that this wonderful woman's legacy will live in you.
You're a doll, and I'm so sorry that you're hurting baby.
xoxo, and all my thoughts and prayers are with you.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

"You are a wonderful, caring, and sweet man, and it is obvious that this wonderful woman's legacy will live in you."

Wow, that was a beautiful thing to say to my Lil brother.It made me teary eyed. Thanks for the kind words guys. Eddie is great. He is everything you said, Allison, and more. He is my brother and best friend. I love him dearly.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Eddie said...

To All: Thank you most dearly for your kind and supportive comments. It's a rough time right now and reading comments like yours are uplifting and warm. Thank you all.

Natalie: I love you beyond words.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

She sounds like she was an incredible woman, I am so sorry and my deepest condolences. But I am sure she will look after your from a better place and makes sure no one messes with you!

xo

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home