THE MAVERICK LIFE

TAKE A RIDE INTO THE MIND OF A LATIN MAVERICK WHO ALWAYS GRABS LIFE BY THE HORNS.....

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

CORKY WOULD BE PROUD...

I'm beginning a new job soon, and it's rather interesting that I'll be working with children with physical and mental disabilities. Being employed in the field for seven years easily qualifies me to work with these incredible and often overlooked individuals, but I still remain trepidatious that my skills as an Uncle of two wonderful children will fail me somewhat...


My experience in the field of Mental Disabilities up until now has been working alongside adults ranging from their mid-twenties, all the way up to the golden spectrum that are seniors. Adults, whether disabled or not, inherently have their own character that evolves through time, regardless if they're the mental equivalent of a 4-year-old, so naturally, I pause at the thought of having the opportunity to mold and guide a child through their most impressionable years. It's uncharted territory to say the least. All is well though. If I find it difficult in any capacity, well then I'll just kick them into submission until they learn... lol.


With new responsibility comes a larger paycheck (which I personally lust) so the incentive to press on has never been better. I'm sure I'll warm up to some of these rug-rats as I'll make sure that the difficult ones will visit the electro-shock therapy room quite often, you know, for an "attitude adjustment."


Here's to embarking on a new career that I'm sure will deliver me limitless joy and complete fulfillment... even if I burn my fingers placing the electro-shock caps atop their naughty noggins.


I swear I'm joking. No phone calls to Child Services please...

12 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

you're such a good person!....enjoy all that extra moolah!

xoxo

7:41 PM  
Blogger The Boob Lady said...

I already called.

Kidding.

Good luck to you Eddie, I'm sure you'll do great!

10:23 PM  
Blogger a said...

it's always scary being responsible of young kids, whether they have a disability or not, but I'm usre with the amount of skill you have you'll be fine.
also, congrats on the blog of the day award!

12:43 PM  
Blogger molly said...

hahaha...good luck at your new job!
have you seen/read "one flew over the cuckoos nest"?
though, uh, i guess this will be a little different

2:41 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

working with kids, that's so cool.
i only wish i could handle children for more than five minutes at a time without shrieking "I'VE GIVEN YOU EVERYTHING YOU WANT I'VE FED CLOTHED CHANGED BURPED AND ENTERTAINED YOU WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM MEEEEEE?" in the manner of a crazy alcoholic mother at the supermarket whose children are stealing candy from the register.
it's not that i'm a cold heartless bitch who hates kids.
it's just that...
yeah. that's pretty much it.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Erika Tapalla said...

After all your hard-on photo posts with creative captions, who knew you were going to be a child-mold-er. :) I think it's great you're doing this because this type of job isn't for everyone. it just requires so much of your Self, i know personally cause i know of a family who's son sort of has down syndrome.And I say sort of because i forgot the actual name of his syndrome. anyway, the point is i'm proud that people like you know how to give back to the community and actually take part in something for the betterment of society.

GOOD LUCK! oh and child services won't get you, just don't be showing your collection of hunk-fotoes ;)

lovvve,erika

6:56 PM  
Blogger Erika Tapalla said...

yes and when you decide to take a break from work, do come to the Philippines and visit. WOOHOO! Bring your friends, and we can get the party started on the streets, on the beach, everywhere! come come come!

7:02 PM  
Blogger alexgirl said...

You're evil. I love it.

7:23 PM  
Blogger WAT said...

Is it true that these adult mentally underdeveloped people are always horny and very sexual?

Just thought I'd ask.

8:49 PM  
Blogger alexgirl said...

Crappy Sybil Shepherd movie = Chances Are. I'd completely blocked that one out.
Cheech & Chong-- I love it! Your hag has great taste. And you make me wanna buy every item with the word Winehouse attatched!
I'm totally linking you on my site, btw. You rock.

10:11 PM  
Blogger This Boy Here said...

i'll keep it simple.. congrats

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, its too late Eddie... ACS will officially be knocking your door down in about 2-5 years, (the time it actually takes them to take a call of child abuse and neglect seriously), which by that time, the children will have already been sent to a dark and lonely ditch awaiting their next electric shock treatment... abusador...!!!!

Im back bitch...
love you,

Tanta Gana..

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home