THE MAVERICK LIFE

TAKE A RIDE INTO THE MIND OF A LATIN MAVERICK WHO ALWAYS GRABS LIFE BY THE HORNS.....

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

SHITTING RAINBOWS...

I've had many friends and acquaintances ask me if I'm really truly gay, as they stare at me in bewilderment searching for an iota of glitter pouring from my ears while standing on my every breath as they wait for a feminine twang of queenish proportions. To their puzzlement, they get nothing.

I don't consider myself the type to frolic in a pink tutu, nor will you find me tussling on a RUGBY field while sweating it out with toothless, hairy men. I'm just me...

At work and throughout my personal life, I notoriously find myself in a crowd of confused folks when it comes to meeting friends... and yes... even potential boyfriends. I'm pretty candid in my conversations, so when sexuality is brought up, I speak my mind and heart. Unfortunately though, whenever someone I'm speaking with finds out that I'm gay, they begin to look a bit perplexed and uncomfortable; almost not knowing what their proper response should be...

For what it's worth, my friends and I have talked about this particular misconception and have just chuckled at the fact that there are millions of guys out there in this world who experience the same shock and awe when they're not seen skipping and snapping to LIZA MINELLI.

THANKS TO MARKO FOR THE FABULOUS PIC

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At school I never share my gender orientation with the students. I do this for a reason...it shouldn't matter. Kids will ask: "Are you married? Are you single?" etc. I try to never tell squat. If they ask if I'm gay, my response is: "Might be. Might not be."

Of course, as soon as you refuse to answer such a question and leave the door open for doubt, the assumption is that you must be gay.

I always take my students back to the same point: if you love me now, will you not love me if I'm gay. In the end the most homophobic students will usually respond: "I guess it doesn't matter."

8:59 PM  
Blogger WAT said...

It's almost the year 2007, and so many still have a problem with all this bullshit. Ef those who do not want to look past our sexual likes.

So you're a man's man huh? HOT!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL, your welcome, I love that pic, so funny. It was very fitting for your post bro!

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home