THE MAVERICK LIFE

TAKE A RIDE INTO THE MIND OF A LATIN MAVERICK WHO ALWAYS GRABS LIFE BY THE HORNS.....

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I FINALLY CAVED AND GOT ON FACEBOOK...

One of my friends told me I MUST get on Facebook. Who am I to not follow the directions of a good friend?

So, I did.

What started as a place for college students to connect, has blown up into a monster of "cool connections" for every age. Even old fogies like myself. But here's what I've noticed about Facebook. People write little comments constantly updating you on their every move and thought. Like blogging... but for people with A.D.D.

Susie is: about to take a dump, feeling constipated.
Debbie is: in the mood for a massage...anyone willing?
Sandy is: horrified that the string from my tampon was hanging out of my shorts...


and on and on...

People seem to be even more addicted to this phenomenon than blogging. It's crazy. This whole six degrees of separation is quite extraordinary. It's amazing to see how many people you can find if you just keep going through people's friends. And yet, it's all just a little scary. The amount of detail you learn about people on Facebook sometimes falls into the category of TMI (too much information).

So, what is this phenomenon all about? Are we all so desperate to find people from our past?
Is this the only way we can connect with people? Maybe it's comforting to know we can connect in a moment's notice in this great big world.

If you have any thoughts about this...I'd love to know.

Your Mom is: waiting for Eddie to drop some love on her page... he hasn't written in a while. Where's her Latin Lover?

12 Comments:

Blogger RG said...

I can't believe you've gone over to the Dark Side. God forbid, what's next, Twitter?

See if I dream about you anymore mister.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up bitch. you can't add me????

S

6:20 PM  
Blogger Eddie said...

Sara: You crack me the hellz up girly. I'm trying to catch up with this Facebook shizz, it's all new to me... LMAO. So much for being AIR huh?

7:43 PM  
Blogger Princessa lil mexico said...

hahahaha

Derek: thinks eddie should not only give my mother some loving but also my dad!

ha ha ha find me too. will add you buckaroo!!

11:53 PM  
Blogger twenty.seven.cents said...

oh god... I hate facebook... but I have it ALL. twitter, myspace, blog, facebook... ehh I can't even think of all the other random crap I've signed up to... I don't use half of it, for lack of actual will to do it. blahh....

7:53 AM  
Blogger molly said...

haha love those status updates

facebook is excellent for voyeurism - its enticing to see who's talking to your person of interest, and how they describe themselves under their "about me". of course there are so many people on facebook that you really dont care about at all! so its really just the biggest time suck of life

2:30 PM  
Blogger this wheel's on fire said...

i never got into facebook...i guess i just don't care enough for it

6:17 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Facebook huh? Not for me I don't think I will join anytime soon... I have my hands full with blogger :)

Love the shirt though!

xo

8:04 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Mmm, I think I would be entirely less creepy without Facebook..it just makes it so easy though! The amount of time I spend on the computer would be cut in 1/100 if I deleted my Facebook!

Though, thank God, I'm not one to change my status too often...some people it's seriouslyyy every move they make, as if I care ;)

Anyway, welcome to the dark side darling. I adore you and hope your week has been lovely so far.
xo

12:16 AM  
Blogger WAT said...

Mi querido muchacho,

You most def know how I feel about this FACEBOOK and you have very well posted here what is so annoying about it. It's good that you have joined though. Eventually we'll be lured in by TWITTER probably, although I'm holding off on that one and really resisting the temptation of getting on my knees and imagning Eddie and Travis naked and stiff before me as I slowly open my mouth only to have it stuffed by...

OOPS! MY GOD MAN! Sorry...

2:42 AM  
Blogger this wheel's on fire said...

that's a crazy ass story! insane
p.s. if you think i look at all like that girl in the first picture i may have to marry you ;)

10:37 PM  
Blogger myblackfriendsays said...

I want to be your facebook friend, but I don't want you to think I'm some weirdo stalker. But I know enough to know that I can't control what you think. But I am not a weirdo stalker--I promise (:

If you're interested, you should email me at the address on my site.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home