THE MAVERICK LIFE

TAKE A RIDE INTO THE MIND OF A LATIN MAVERICK WHO ALWAYS GRABS LIFE BY THE HORNS.....

Friday, November 27, 2009

SLOWLY BUT SURELY WE'RE GETTING THERE...

In January, when President Barack Obama took the oath of office, our financial system was on the verge of collapse, and the GDP rate was negative 6.3%. Presently, our financial system is relatively stable and the GDP rate is positive 2.8%.

Sure, more needs to be done and perhaps some things could have been done better. But let's not forget the accomplishments:



~Stem cell order reversed~
~SCHIP passed and signed into law~
~Ledbetter bill passed and signed into law~
~Hate crime legislation covering gays signed into law~
~Major Green energy initiatives started~
~EPA rules revised to address Climate Change~
~Executive order signed to protect large areas from drilling~
~Car emission standards revised~
~National Science Foundation funding boosted~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Stimulus bill passed... and is already helping to revive the economy~
~Financial system reform plan implemented~
~Regulations on the way~
~Gitmo closing ordered~
~Torture banned~
~Iraq troop withdrawal ordered~
~Afghanistan approach under review~
~Direct negotiations with Iran started~
~Negotiations with Syria in progress~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Disarmament talks with Russia re-started~
~Travel restrictions for Cuba lifted~
~Energy/Climate Change legislation passed the House; soon to be passed by Senate~
~Student loan market overhaul approved by U.S. House~
~Health Care legislation underway~

~~~~~
And I'm sure that I missed many more...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the naysayers... the proof is in the pudding.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

R u out of your flippin mind??!! I consider myself to be a liberal centrist but thus so far his performance has been less than stellar not to mention how much he's been caught hand's down along with the rest of his administration lying to the public. Please don't allow your bias especially for gay rights get in the way of seeing what this individual truly is, a wolf in sheep's clothing. If the Bush administration had as many luggages as this current admin does they would have been crucified. For the record, yes, I'm gay and was not a fan of Bush.

7:07 AM  
Blogger RG said...

I'll grant you the list and with the exception of the hate crimes law, he hasn't done shit for LGBT rights.

Fierce advocate my ass - show me some tangible results Mr. President, and I'll open up my wallet again to Democrats and/or DNC again. But until then, Don't Ask Don't Give.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous LOOLY said...

Im none too pleased with Bam-Bam either. Aside from the gracious kiss of Baracks stimulus check I receive with my unemployment,(its more like a slap),I havent seen much of this "CHANGE" that homeboy preached about. I have, however, heard the constant apologies he loves to give to other world leaders that make us look like pussys!! I still think all can be forgiven though if he actually pulls this healthcare disaster off successfully....

8:34 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

You know, it's so easy to pick fault with people in authority and expect immediate changes. While sure, I'm not too happy with a variety of things going on with the Obama administration, you're right - it's important to look at the positive too.
I love that there are more Green initiatives that have been enacted, and I'm especially excited about the hate crime legislation, though I do think there is a lot more that needs to be done in regards to more rights... but we've still got another three years, so I'm still holding out hope for more positive change!
Hope you're doing well darling... I miss you terribly and just adore you. xoxo, always.

3:14 AM  
Blogger mkf said...

note to self: if ever curled up with eddie in languorously euphoric, sweaty, sticky, limb-entangled post-coital bliss, don't bring up politics.

5:53 AM  
Blogger mkf said...

[sober update] that was funnier last night.

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home