THE MAVERICK LIFE

TAKE A RIDE INTO THE MIND OF A LATIN MAVERICK WHO ALWAYS GRABS LIFE BY THE HORNS.....

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

MY DREAM TEAM EXPERIENCE...

As some of my loyal readers may have noticed, I haven't been publishing any material for about a week now, as I've been working in Pennsylvania doing camp duty for the mentally challenged individuals I take care of and whom I've come to love. Every year around this time, I pack up their clothing and belongings for a week-long getaway of insane proportions. I can't help but wonder how similar my experience in camp is with the hilarious movie pictured above: The Dream Team. In my group, you have the guy who can't understand why he's coupled with other people with mental disorders, as he's completely in denial that he's "one of them." He even denies his denial. This guy is ironically the one with the largest Psychotropic list of meds. Then you have the non-verbal obsessive one, who'll breakdown the game of baseball, using sign language and violent hand gestures. And don't ever touch his baseball glove unless you've earned it. I can go on with the rainbow of personality traits that were displayed during our little vacation, but I'm still trying to recover from our local Paintball excursion. My trip was a blast and I feel I've gained buckets of patience. Time to get back to blogging. I'm back bitches. [source]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home