THE MAVERICK LIFE

TAKE A RIDE INTO THE MIND OF A LATIN MAVERICK WHO ALWAYS GRABS LIFE BY THE HORNS.....

Thursday, January 29, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SCALLYWAG...

For those who may not know, I have three sisters. Two older sisters and one younger. Growing up with three sisters had its positives and its negatives. As the only male in a household of estrogen and maxi pads, you can imagine the frustration and confusion I experienced on a daily basis. Not having a brother (or any male influence for that matter) in our household was rather daunting, simply because I lacked the proper vessel to fully release and express my boyhood aggression.

While my two older sisters were blow-drying their hair to prepare to hit the local club scene, I was left to harass my younger sister Lilly. Part-timing as the brother I never had, Lilly was not afraid to get down-and-dirty with me. We would have Matchbox Car and Transformers sessions coupled with aggressive rough-housing matches which would end up with one of us knocking the shit out of the other. You see, I needed an outlet for my pent-up aggression and my little sister was more than happy to oblige.

It seems as though eons have past since our brutal brigades and hair-pulling contests but we remain as close as Siamese Twins:
Now that we're all grown up and live quite a distance from one another, our time spent together these past few years have been few and far between. Despite this geological intrusion however, we manage to make time together to recharge our slightly insane sibling bond.

Although Lilly turns 33 today, I will always see her as that 8-year-old wise girl with a mean left hook and sly sense of sarcasm. Always gentle as a butterfly, but when pushed beyond her limit she stings like a fucking bee.

This post is for you my little Scallywag, for without you I would shrivel up like a raisin sitting in the sun. Without you I would slam face-first into a wall and not hear that quiescent, sinister giggle in the background. Without you my corny-ass jokes would fall to the ground with a vociferous thump. Without you... I would die.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILLY...
I LOVE YOU

7 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

Those photos are hilarious Eddie! They reflect you guys perfectly. I'm jealous.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Eddie said...

I love all my silly sisters. Each and every one of you have unique qualities and I just happened to write about Lilly because it's her birthday.

Love your profile pic. Is that Madonna?

Besos

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lil I love you too!!! D

11:19 AM  
Blogger molly said...

aw your sister sounds fantastic!
and the first picture was slightly disturbing haha..in the best way possible :)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Eddie said...

Molly: I'm very picky regarding all the pics I choose for my posts. It definitely is disturbing. That's why I chose it.

Besos

5:39 PM  
Blogger WAT said...

Well that's sweet Eddie. Yeah, what's with these insane photos? LOLOL!

Poor Lilly. What she must have endured with YOU, but I'm sure she was able to hold her own and kick yer ass a couple of times.

A nice tribute.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is THEE Lilly that my delicious twin chose to blog about on my 33rd b-day...I cant begin to fully express what it was like growing up with the incomparable EDDIE!!!Fabulousness was the name of our own little world as kiddies! Hermano,mi amor,thank you for this SHOUT OUT!! You r loved beyond silly,simple words!!

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home