THE MAVERICK LIFE

TAKE A RIDE INTO THE MIND OF A LATIN MAVERICK WHO ALWAYS GRABS LIFE BY THE HORNS.....

Monday, January 26, 2009

TOP 9 SONGS I'M CURRENTLY LISTENING TO

Here's just a minuscule sample of what I am listening to on heavy rotation. My list varies tremendously, and serves as an example that my ears do not discriminate.
And yes, it's my top 9 songs... not 10. You saw it correctly bitches.

SEAN PAUL
When Sean Paul first blasted into the scene of dancehall, I've been completely and utterly smitten with him. Defying what I proclaim as the ultimate HOTNESS, Sean finishes me off with some of the best dancehall to date. Is it hot in here?

ADELE
Adele is a British singer. I've really been into British singers of late. Listen to her music. Just proves that white women do have soul.



BEYONCE
Ask anyone who somewhat knows me and they'll tell you that I will eat custard off this bitch. Her swagger and ever-lasting fabulosity keeps me entranced in almost everything she does. Beyonce doesn't just make videos, she batters them. I've obsessively played Single Ladies ever since it first came out and I've memorized every step in her outrageous video of the same name. If she just paid attention to me... then maybe I would PUT A RING ON IT.



AMY WINEHOUSE
Amy is part of me. I feel her pain. Amy just wants to be loved... that's all. I can provide that love Amy. This woman has been the soundtrack to my life for the past 4 years and I cannot, I will not go a single day without listening to her heart-wrenching melodic masterpieces.



MADONNA
When Bedtime Story came out back in 94, I molested and abused this track until Madonna herself begged and pleaded for me to no longer play it. Not only is Bedtime Story one of the hottest club songs of its time (Bjork produced and wrote the track with Nelly Hooper) but I continue to bang it through my speakers as I dance along with wild abandon.



LIL' KIM
From the days of hardcore female rappers, very few stand out among the viscious spitters. Lil' Kim is known for verbally trouncing her female (and male) competition with her forked-tongued rhymes and Brooklyn wit. The Queen Bee takes no prisoners and proved it when she teamed up with fellow rappers Mobb Deep and they collectively concocted a HOT FUCKING TRACK called Quiet Storm.



NE-YO
I've heard Ne-Yo sprinkled throughout the radio airwaves years ago and sorta found myself bopping along to a few of his tracks. Not until he released his second album, and even better, released his first single off the album did I really begin to pay attention to him. Closer is one of those songs that are a perfect blend between lyrics and sound. It's so damned good, I work out to it. That's serious.



JOHNNY CASH
I have always known about Johnny Cash. I've heard his music and somewhat knew a little bit about his bio. Not until my haggy Denise sorta introduced me to him did I begin to listen with a bit more curiosity. Ring of Fire and a Boy Named Sue. Love it.



PINK
From the very beginning, I found myself mesmerized by this chick's voice. Gravely and soulful, her pipes are superb. Most importantly, Pink writes most of her lyrics and her songs display an intelligence and wisdom of someone twice her age. I feel her emotions when she sings, and that my friends, is the definition of a passionate artist.

5 Comments:

Blogger WAT said...

"TODAY, IS THE LAST DAY, THAT I AM USING WORDS..."

Ah yes, and what an awesome video to Bedtime Stories.

NO BRITNEY?! OH MY GOD! Her last two albums are sooooooo amazing! Britney has grown on quite a few people I know that never would have cared for that crazy hick years ago, and now she's hit her stride! I'm addicted to her new stuff. It's too good to miss!

2:19 AM  
Blogger WAT said...

Oh yeah, Howard Stern thinks Amy Winehouse is a disaster, a mess of a human being, but he loves, LOVES her music, her voice. He was just playing one of her songs on today's radio show.

2:21 AM  
Blogger Christopher said...

O...M...G...!!!

My favorite Brooklyn-ite has returned to the land of blogging! Welcome back babe, you've been gone for far too long.

Now I need to see a video of you shaking that azz to Ms Beyonce's song.

Welcome back Eddie!
Besos!

12:38 PM  
Blogger molly said...

fantastic, im totally diggin this amy song!
im soo happy youre back

1:34 PM  
Blogger cb said...

I will admit that I do rather enjoy Bedtime Story-- mainly because it is just SO not madonna...

And that I may or may not have learned the first minute of Single Ladies choreography and videoed myself doing it and then posted it on my blog

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home