THE MAVERICK LIFE

TAKE A RIDE INTO THE MIND OF A LATIN MAVERICK WHO ALWAYS GRABS LIFE BY THE HORNS.....

Monday, February 16, 2009

LAUGHTER RATHER THAN PROZAC...

Valentine's Day came and went like a 15-year-old boy's first sexual experience. Hallmark is $$~loaded~$$ and I still have chocolate caught between my teeth. On that note, I leave you with a little belated Valentine's comic that represents so much:
Those of you with an I.Q. over 120 surely can appreciate the uniquely bazaar humor in Gary Larson's The Far Side. Larson's creative ideas often compared and contrasted the behavior of humans and animals. In his comics, the animals and other creatures were frequently presented anthropomorphically. The Far Side ran for 15 years, ending with the retirement of the strip on January 1st, 1995. Larson chose to end the cartoon because he felt it was getting repetitive, and did not want it to descend into what he called "the graveyard of mediocre cartoons." My admiration for Gary Larson stretches beyond the capacity of written word. Below are a few of my favorites. These in particular have poked and prodded at my funny bone and I must share them with you:
















6 Comments:

Blogger RAD said...

Happy Valentines to you!! xoxoxoxoxoxox

6:42 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Hope you had a great Valentines day! Thanks for the laugh, these 'toons made my day!

I completely agree Clueless is and will always be one of my favorite movies. And with all the credit problems Confessions of a Shopaholic speaks to us [and I by us I mean ME lol]. I definitely loved the movie the fashion was incredible and Isla was so funny!

Much love

xo

11:30 AM  
Blogger molly said...

HAHAHA i loove it, the far side is genius but i havent read it in awhile...thank you so much for sharing it
love that valentine too...whore

4:10 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

"Valentine's Day came and went like a 15-year-old boy's first sexual experience"...

I love that line. Ya know I'ma steal it andd take full credit for it. hehe!!

Besos!

8:20 PM  
Blogger RAD said...

Peggy is such the whore! LOL

4:19 PM  
Blogger WAT said...

Peggy is a whore! LOLOLOL!

I aim to be like Peggy, and I am very close to achieving this goal! Wanna help Loco Eddie?

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home