THE MAVERICK LIFE

TAKE A RIDE INTO THE MIND OF A LATIN MAVERICK WHO ALWAYS GRABS LIFE BY THE HORNS.....

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

MY HAGGY'S SON TURNS 1 TODAY!!

One year ago today, my Haggy went into labor after what felt like a gestation that lasted 18 months. I remember it all like it was yesterday. I was there when Denise would lay on her side in the attempt to find a comfortable position, only to end up doing a 180 degree turn to face the back of the couch to moan uncontrollably due to her massive, protruding belly. I was there at 3a.m. when she would come storming out of her bedroom and rush towards the toilet bowl to projectile-vomit what sounded like a small river. I was also there to help her up from the sofa because gravity began playing devilish tricks on her. My bulging biceps are proof enough.

On Super Bowl Sunday of last year (February 3rd), my Haggy gave birth to a gorgeous boy who she named James. He was born almost the size of a premature baby and has now grown into what looks like a small version of his daddy. I recall visiting Denise at the hospital shortly after giving birth only to see her out of bed practically doing back-flips and jumping jacks. While other moms were lying in their beds unable to move due to their swollen vulvas, Denise was walking around her hospital room as if spitting out a human being from her vagina was a cake-walk.

James is one of those babies who looks great in every pic (even though babies are babies, they don't always look cute). Total Gerber material. Just take a long gaze at the above photo of James and you'll understand that he's a little meatball of perfection and his cute newly-surfacing teeth are the icing on the meatball cake.

I've been a bad Uncle though. I haven't been visiting as often as I used to and as plain as day, I have no excuse. I promise I'll be a better Uncle to my James.

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY MY HANDSOME JAMES!!

YOUR UNCLE LOVES YOU!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Uncle Eddie. Happy Birthday James..mommy loves you.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

How cute! Denise, I hope your day (you know it's really your day)was really memorable. The most memorable day a woman can have. The day you saw your child for the first time.

I need a tissue.

3:03 PM  
Blogger molly said...

hes adorable!
loved the swollen vulva image haha

4:23 PM  
Blogger Eddie said...

I love that little boy almost as much as I do my nephew. I must be a better Uncle.

Loved his hat in the pic. Gorgeous boy.

9:29 PM  
Blogger WAT said...

Aw, he is cute. Does he dance salsa yet? LOLOL!

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home