THE MAVERICK LIFE

TAKE A RIDE INTO THE MIND OF A LATIN MAVERICK WHO ALWAYS GRABS LIFE BY THE HORNS.....

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

OLD FRIENDS AND NEW BUTTERFLIES...

As you may have read, I've recently caved in to the masses and created my own Facebook page. Sure, others may be asking themselves... "What the fuck took you so long you freak?" Let me explain...

I refused to jump onto the bandwagon of Facebook and Twitter as I've always considered both of them a product of people who suffer from A.D.D. Facebook and Twitter have been on my not-to-do list for quite some time now but I never knew that I would walk with the lemmings and dive into one of the two.

Now that I've gotten used to the nuts and bolts of what Facebook has to offer, I realized that my true attraction to it all was the delicious option to search for old friends and acquaintances. On that note, I bring you to the reason why I blog today. Never in a million years did I think that I would cross paths with someone I went to elementary school with... the days of Lee Jeans and Adidas with taps. Her name is Missy and she was the one who tickled my funny bone and sparked a massive crush that I thought I had locked away in silence.

Back in the day, I kept to myself and chose the desk at the back of the class rather than the front. I used to pay attention to Missy's quirky yet tough character and giggle to myself when she spit out a curse word followed by a matching verb. Sure, Missy had her little group of female friends, but I noticed that she shined when she was amongst the boys in the class. Quick to fuck up any dude who might test her durability and stamina, Missy held her own while managing to remain the cutie pie she was... and still is.

Missy and I have spoken on the phone a few times and we've written Facebook mail to one another countless times. Getting to know her as an adult has been a pleasure. Call me crazy, but our conversations have been jocular and scintillating. I actually felt butterflies in my belly during one of our last chats. That NEVER happens to me. It's usually the other way around.

Missy is married and I'm currently a gay man, so nothing can really come into fruition as far as any future possible relationship. Although these "challenges" put a halt on our shacking up, I'm perfectly content with the innocent vulgarity floating around my perplexed mind.

Missy my sweetz... I'm glad I crossed paths with you again.
Besitos...

10 Comments:

Blogger molly said...

oooh the joys of facebook! thats so thrilling that you managed to cross paths with this lady again - sounds like tons of fun :)

and thanks for your thoughtful comment. i am in complete agreement!

3:14 PM  
Blogger twenty.seven.cents said...

I have found a few people from Canada, but I've had some anxieties adding them, thinking that they might not remember me, considering I kind of just disappeared in like 4th grade and never came back.
Maybe I should just do it... also, I half-forget most of their names. :/

10:29 PM  
Blogger RG said...

Okay, in this instance, Facebook isn't so evil.

7:28 AM  
Blogger this wheel's on fire said...

"Mildred is married and I'm currently a gay man, so nothing can really come into fruition as far as any future possible relationship."

i have so many gay men i would marry.....including my best friend haha

9:28 PM  
Blogger molly said...

i could ask you the same question, dear eddie....i love every post you do :)

10:22 PM  
Blogger mkf said...

you are a conflicted soul, aren't you?

7:43 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Mmm, I absolutely love this post.
The wonders of Facebook and the people that you can reconnect with!
I'm so glad that you found your old friend...and even if she is married, and you're gay, it doesn't matter that you still get butterflies...I think it's always that way for the first person you had feelings for :)

I can't waittt to tell you all about this new boy of mine, my dear. It's actually a good guy this time, yayyy!

I seriously adore you, your comments make me so happy, lover. I hope that you and Mildred keep reconnecting :)

10:17 PM  
Blogger M- Filer said...

Long time no read! When did you come back on the seen Eddie? I'll have to scroll down and see what yer up too.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

I love reconnecting with old friends/lovers/family. It's great that you found someone you reconnected with.

I've missed ya, I am glad to be free from dragon lady more time to blog!

xo

1:49 AM  
Blogger RAD said...

Click on my facebook icon on m blog so we can be freinds!! Miss ya Edward! :-)

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home