THE MAVERICK LIFE

TAKE A RIDE INTO THE MIND OF A LATIN MAVERICK WHO ALWAYS GRABS LIFE BY THE HORNS.....

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

DON'T FUCKING ASK ME AGAIN...

I often find myself having conversations about religion, during which I, inevitably, am asked why I am an atheist. I then take a measured pause and reply, "When I look out into nature, society and the world, I see it's great complexity and beauty; the chiseled elegance of the Grand Canyon, the wonderment that is the Bermuda Triangle, and the raw, inspiring power of a tornado shredding through an unsuspecting trailer community." But, I am then forced to reconcile these splendid occurrences with the fact that their creator, if their was one, is the same being which brought you to be. "You being a person so moronic as to question the logic behind not believing in an omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent being that created everything we experience in six Gregorian calender days, but was then so utterly exhausted that it needed to rest for 24 hours to regain it's godly strength. The fact that you, or anyone beyond the age of six, accepts any of that tripe as fact and is so impassioned by God's mystical touch that they repeat it to others, claiming to be saving their enchanted magical ghost - otherwise called a soul - is proof enough that there is no God." [source]

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I belive that there is a higher but not nessecarily "God", I belive in energy.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home